welcomes the opportunity
to provide local artists the opportunity to exhibit their works to the
general public. Exhibits include a wide range of media and
content thus reflecting the diversity and the vibrancy of the artistic
community in Southbridge and Central Massachusetts.
thing that may set me aside from other artists could be that I have
many favorite subjects I need to paint, or draw. Mainly, I love an
interesting face, and it usually represents something with a deeper
meaning and character.
want to inspire others with my subject matter. I have since a very
young age, when I began to write at all, worked on my art, I studied
other artists, and read. There were never enough things to absorb.
Along with the craving for painting, music was always important while I
worked, classical usually, but I have many musical favorites. I
grew up in a very small, local town, and prefer that life still, so
that I can continue to grow and try and perfect my work. At about the
age of 12, my Father bought me my first set of oil paints, and an easel
. I remember him saying "whatever you do, try not to spend too much
time on portraits, its too difficult to master." Of course he was
smirking, and I took on the challenge. My family always
encouraged me to continue, and I soon found myself with many people
ordering my paintings, or buying my sketches and drawings. Which has
continued to be part of my life ever since.
was accepted at The Art Institute Of Boston just before graduation, I
was however, not able to attend. But that only made me work harder, and
continue to express my self though art, and explored many mediums.
as an adult, I found parents of young artists asking me to teach their
children, and this blossomed into a 22 plus years, amazing journey
mentoring young people. I enjoy that also. A few, have gone on to an
art related college and I have given references to them upon request.
- The following are some of the exhibitions I have been a part of.
- Partnered with Jacob Knight in Spencer, Main street 1995 winter.
- Taught at The Hitchcock Academy, In Brimfield Mass. three years both summer and winter courses.
- Member ongoing of The Massasoit Art Guild, Spencer Mass.
- Member QVCAH, Southbridge Mass, on Board of Directors for a time.
for many years at The Spencer Fair , in Spencer
Mass, and The Woodstock Fair, combined the following are
some of my awards:
- First Place 3 times, Second Place 3 times, Third Place 2 times, Honorable Mention, 2 times, Fourth Place 1 time.
- Massasoit Art Guild , BEST IN SHOW 2013
- Doreen Sequin Memorial Award 2015, and Honorable Mention
- PEOPLES CHOICE and FIRST PLACE, 2016.
feel very honored to have earned any of these, and am very thankful. I
will continue to explore what I am capable of, and will
always need to paint and draw.
- Gingerbread Houses (December)
- John Ferrara (January)
- April & Samantha Denault (February)